Monday, June 24, 2024

Review: The End of the Road (True Crime Junkies #6) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
With the future of the Arctic Circle Murder Club teetering on rocky ground, the team members have scattered. But it’s not long before they realize some bonds can’t be broken.

Fearing an adversary from her past will find her, Simmy Samuels runs, determined to find a new place to hide. But Ranger Garrett isn’t about to leave Simmy out in the cold and alone. He’s determined to both protect Simmy and to search for his daughter, whom he thought was dead.

As Ranger and Simmy set out to find his little girl, danger follows them into the vast wilderness of Alaska. Challenges meet them at every turn: unyielding danger, truth that feels more like fiction, and reality blurred by deception.

Will they survive long enough to set things right? Or will this be the end of the road for the murder club?

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting

MY THOUGHTS

The first word that comes to mind after finishing this book is danger. It was nearly constant! I really felt for the characters! They encountered some truly dangerous and intense situations. The bad guys were the very definition of villains. There were many surprising twists and turns, and I was reading as fast as I could to find out what happened next.

I was excited to finally learn more about Simmy and Ranger. They both had mysterious pasts, so I really enjoyed getting their backstories. They’re both really interesting characters. I liked them before, but my respect for them grew even more.

I’m loving this series and am excited to dive into the next book. I highly recommend it, especially to people who enjoy thrilling mysteries with a touch of romance. Start with book one, and you’ll be hooked!

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. Is Ranger his first name? So great. This mystery...and this series...sound very compelling and fun. I definitely want to check them out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is his first name. So cool, right? I've really been enjoying the series. The last book (for now) just released, so I'm eager to get caught up. :D

      Delete
  2. It sounds like the book is packed with danger and intense situations that keep you on the edge of your seat. The twists and turns must have made it such a thrilling read! I’m intrigued by Simmy and Ranger's mysterious pasts—sounds like the author did a great job fleshing out their backstories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've been so intrigued by Simmy and Ranger mysterious pasts since the first book, so I was excited to finally get some answers. :D

      Delete