Thursday, June 6, 2024

Review: Paws, Claws, and Curses (A Purr-fect Relic Cozy Mystery #1) by DeAnna Drake

About the Book
What are cursed artifacts, a talking cat, and a dead body doing in the sweet little town of Citrus Grove? That’s what spirited shopkeeper Rebecca Cuthbert wants to find out, and she had better do it fast because she’s the prime suspect in the murder of the town’s shadiest antiquities dealer.

It’s a troubling start to her reunion with her long-lost grandfather and a far cry from the Southern California vacation she was expecting. So far, nothing in Citrus Grove is quite what it seems. Not her grandfather, who suspiciously disappears at the strangest times, not his curious antique shop, which has more secrets than customers, and certainly not the oddball neighbors, with their hidden motives and questionable connections.

As Rebecca races against time with her new feline friend to uncover the truth behind a mysterious murder, she finds herself tangled in a web of danger and deceit as captivating as Queen Cleopatra herself. With help from unexpected allies and an often-exasperating, yet undeniably handsome detective, Rebecca must outwit the cunning killer before she becomes the next victim.

Dig into this delightful series of cozy mysteries filled with quirky humor, friendships, ancient mysteries, and magic.


MY THOUGHTS

What an exciting start to this new series! The writing style was very inviting, and the mystery was intriguing. I had my suspicions as to who the guilty party was but immediately dismissed them, so I was shocked when the final reveal came. I love being surprised like that.

Rebecca was relatable and easy to like. I enjoyed seeing the growing relationship between her and her newly-found grandfather. He’s a very interesting character who I’m excited to get to know better. And I can’t forget to mention Aneksi. I’m not usually a cat person, but this one is hard to resist. What a fascinating creature! I’m eager to learn more about her in future books!

I really liked the charming Mayberry-esque small town of Citrus Grove. It sounds like such a friendly and inviting place.

I enjoyed this story so much and am very eager for book two! I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys cozy mysteries. It’s so much fun!

I received a copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

4.5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment