Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Review: His Runaway Crush: A Contemporary Christian Romance (Easter in Gilead Book 3) by Heather Gray

About the Book
Can once upon a time turn into a happily ever after?

Letty Stanton might live in Gilead, but Heavenly Brew is her home. After all, home is where the heart is. Letty has spent a decade running from a past she never wanted to face and keeping at arms' length all the people who hold her close to their hearts. When a handsome stranger blows into town, though, he upsets the calm and comfortable life she's worked so hard to cultivate.

Dawson Bauer is new to small-town life. From the four-year-old who couldn't whisper if her life depended on it to the middle-aged man who only speaks in grunts and glares, Gilead is filled with quirky people who think privacy is a mythical creature. Not to mention that everybody is obsessed with Easter, and he'd be happy to never hear that word again. Then there's the enigmatic woman who runs the town's coffee shop. There's something about her...

What happens when a guy who mostly means well and a girl with mile-high walls collide? Sparks fly, secrets come to light, and everybody in Gilead has an opinion.


MY THOUGHTS

This was a really sweet read. I loved that it was set around Easter. You don't find that too often, but I was glad to see it!

Dawson, the new AV director at Gilead Bible College, doesn't like Easter, but, per the terms of his contract, he has to be part of the annual passion play. He isn't happy about it, but I appreciated the way he took it all in stride. Letty (love her name) was quiet and unassuming. She was always in the background and liked it that way. She had some secrets, and I was so curious to find out what they were!

I loved the town of Gilead. They were a tight-knit community, and I enjoyed seeing how they rallied around each other. I also loved that there was a strong message of faith throughout the entire story.

I highly recommend this book to fans of sweet and inspiring contemporary romances. And while this is book three in the series, it stands alone just fine. Each book is written by a different author and although I haven't read the other books yet, I fell so in love with the town of Gilead and all its residents that I'm eager to check them all out.

I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. You don't find books set around Easter very often! And the town of Gilead sounds so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it was set around Easter. I hope this becomes a common thing! :)

      Delete