Thursday, March 9, 2023

Review: My Phony Valentine by Courtney Walsh

About the Book
A chance meeting. A hunky hockey player. A fake romance.
Hardly an ordinary day in the life of Poppy Hart.


My days usually consist of agonizing over my failing restaurant, worrying about my mountain of debt and nursing my broken heart.

Everything changes when I bump into a man in the coffee shop and claim him as my new boyfriend. To my absolute horror, he turns out to be hockey’s most renowned bad boy, Dallas Burke. To my absolute delight, he goes along with my story.

When his no-nonsense manager and meddling grandmother jump in the picture, they see a win-win solution for my failing restaurant and Dallas’s less-than-stellar reputation.

A full-fledged fake romance complete with contract negotiations, pretend dates and phony PDA.

But as I get to know the real Dallas Burke, who is not the man the press says he is, it becomes clear that if this isn’t real. . . someone better tell it to my heart.

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting

MY THOUGHTS

I absolutely loved this book! The fake dating scenario was so well done and has to be the most entertaining one I've ever read. The first chapter pulled me right in. It was so great and funny!

Poppy was refreshingly realistic. She was slightly awkward but so likable. She had such a kind spirit, and I found myself rooting for her from page one. Dallas was the very definition of swoonworthy. My goodness, I had a massive crush on him! And that crush just kept growing the more I read. I kept thinking he couldn't possibly get any better, but then he would. He's found a place near the top of my favorite book boyfriends. I loved his relationship with his Gram. She had a ton of sass and attitude, which I loved. Some of the things she said had me laughing out loud. She was a hoot!

I pretty much had a smile on my face the whole way through this book. It was such a sweet and fun read. Author Courtney Walsh has just found a permanent spot on my 'must-buy' list. I can't recommend it highly enough!

FIVE STARS

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read this one!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds SO good. Hoping to read this one at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete