Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The Bookworm Tag

I was recently tagged by Hamlette (Rachel) over at The Edge of Precipice. I'm a little late (story of my life lately, lol) but I'm excited to participate! Here's the link to her original post, if you want to check it out


The (very simple) Rules:
-answer the questions
-make up new ones
-tag people


Hamlette (Rachel)'s Questions and My Answers:

1. If you had to go into the witness protection program, and they gave you the option of moving inside a book, where would you like to go?

Ooh! Good question! Tough one too! My first thought was my favorite book, Poison Study, but I'm not sure that would be a world I'd want to live in, lol. Then I started thinking that if I was in the witness protection program, I'd probably want to live in a cozy, low-stress environment. The book that immediately popped into my head was Shady Hollow. It's full of delightfully charming (talking) animals who live in a cozy small town. And while there might be a mystery or two to solve along the way, I think it'd be a fun and (mostly) calm experience. 

2. Have you ever claimed to have read a book you actually hadn't read?

Not that I can recall.

3. What author have you read the most books by?

Probably Christy Barritt. I don't know how she does it, but she releases at least one new book a month. I can't keep up, but I do try, lol. She's one of my favorite romantic suspense/cozy mystery authors, so at least I know it'll be a long time before I run out of reading material from her.

4. Do you ever buy fun bookish merch like mugs, shirts, artwork, etc?

Not often. I do have a couple of book themed throw pillows that I love though. One of them is a quote from Frankenstein - "Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful". The other one is a quote from Alice in Wonderland - "We're all mad here" Both of the designs were made by Create Explore Read and are available on Society 6.


5. Do you usually read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?

I used to only read one at a time. But for the past year or two, I've had multiple going at a time. Of course, I have a daily devotional and my Bible that I (try) to read everyday. But I also have a "main" book which I read during the day, and then another one (usually a novella but not always) that I read a chapter or two from before bed.

6. Are you a mood reader, or do you plan out your reads?

A bit of both. I have to plan out when I'm gonna read the books I get for review but otherwise, I just go with my mood. I try to switch up genres with each book which really seems to help prevent a reading slump.

7. If you could meet the author of your favorite book and ask them one question, what would you ask them?

Hmmm. This is another tough one! My favorite book is Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I don't know what I'd ask if I had the chance to meet her. I'd probably be so nervous that I wouldn't be able to say anything, lol. 

8. Have you ever tried a new food or drink because you read about it in a book or story?

No. There's been a lot of books that have tasty sounding food that I'd love to try, but because of all of my food allergies, I have to be extra careful.

9. Have you ever named a pet after a book character?

Yep! I have a Nigerian Dwarf goat named Toby after October Daye. And I also had a chicken named after Elphaba from Wicked and a mini donkey named after Charlie Lionheart from The Lady and the Lionheart.
  
Toby is the one in the middle.

10. What book are you reading right now?

The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright. Release date is April 4 and it's SO GOOD! No surprise there though, I've loved all of her books.


My Questions:

1. Is there a specific book that you remember sparking your love of reading?

2. Do you have a specific time set aside each day for reading?

3. What book have you reread the most? And how many times?

4. What book has been on your TBR list the longest?

5. What’s your favorite trope? Least favorite?

6. What book would you love to see turned into a movie or TV show? What actors would you cast?

7. What upcoming new release are you most excited for this year?

8. Do you listen to music when you read?

9. What book surprised you? (Whether by a shocking plot twist, or how much you loved it or didn't love it, etc.)

10. What’s your last 5-star read?


I'm gonna be really original here 😉 and tag anyone and everyone that wants to participate! Leave your answers, or the link to your blog post below. I'm excited to read your responses!

6 comments:

  1. That first question is so fun and original. Definitely something to think about - even if we enjoy visiting some of those fantasy worlds, like you say, probably a cozy world would be the better choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that question. It really made me stop and think about it. Thanks for coming by, Rissi! :D

      Delete
  2. Fun answers! The Vanishing does look like a really good one. And I love your bookish pillows! I'm also not surprised that Christy Barritt is the author you've read most...she's so prolific! Wish I hadn't already gotten tagged or I'd answer your great questions. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading your post the other day, Lark. These tags are so much fun and a nice way to get to know each other even better. :D

      Delete
  3. A cozy locale would be perfect for a witness protection situation! I was kind of thinking of Avonlea, myself.

    I also find that switching up genres helps me avoid reading slumps.

    Glad you had fun doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Avonlea would be a great place! Thanks for again for the tag! :D

      Delete