Thursday, August 13, 2020

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Dust (Heirs of Neverland #1) by Kara Swanson

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Dust (Heirs of Neverland #1) by Kara Swanson, a Peter Pan retelling/sequel.

About the Book
The truth about Neverland is far more dangerous than a fairy tale.

Claire Kenton believes the world is too dark for magic to be real—since her twin brother was stolen away as a child. Now Claire’s desperate search points to London... and a boy who shouldn't exist.

Peter Pan is having a beastly time getting back to Neverland. Grounded in London and hunted by his own Lost Boys, Peter searches for the last hope of restoring his crumbling island: a lass with magic in her veins.

The girl who fears her own destiny is on a collision course with the boy who never wanted to grow up. The truth behind this fairy tale is about to unravel everything Claire thought she knew about Peter Pan—and herself.

Book Beginnings
When did this fairy tale become a nightmare? 

Friday 56
I clutch my head, trying to push away the memories. I fight back the stinging tears. If Ben and Lily truly knew what I could do, they wouldn't want to help me.

What have you been reading lately?

14 comments:

  1. Oh I love books which take original stories one step further. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an interesting departure for this story! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “IMPERFECT WOMEN”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved getting to see a different side of Peter. So interesting. :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds great and isn't that cover gorgeous! Will have a look at it.

    Happy weekend and here's my Weekend Book Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on hold at my library! I get to check it out next week. I'm so excited to get to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Gotta love the library! Hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  5. I love that cover and those snippets!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. Fairy tale retellings are very popular right now.

    The cover is indeed eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never seem to tire of fairy tale retellings. :)

      Delete