Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday: No Filter (Barks & Beans Cafe Cozy Mystery #1) by Heather Day Gilbert

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring No Filter (Barks & Beans Cafe Cozy Mystery #1) by Heather Day Gilbert releasing May 26. 

About the Book
BOOK ONE in the ALL-NEW BARKS & BEANS CAFE cozy mystery series!!

Welcome to the Barks & Beans Cafe, a quaint place where folks pet shelter dogs while enjoying a cup of java...and where murder sometimes pays a visit.

Fed up with her go-nowhere job, newly single Macy Hatfield moves back to her small hometown in West Virginia. She joins forces with her brother Bo in his crazy new venture—the Barks & Beans Cafe, which caters to dog lovers and coffee drinkers alike.

When a golf instructor is murdered at the nearby spiritual center, Macy winds up adopting his Great Dane. Just after Macy finds a mysterious message sewn under the dog's collar, her Dane is dognapped. She launches into a relentless search for her newfound canine friend, but along the way, she digs up a cruel and confident killer.

Join siblings Macy and Bo Hatfield as they sniff out crimes in their hometown...with plenty of dogs along for the ride! The Barks & Beans Cafe cozy mystery series features a small town, an amateur sleuth, and no swearing or graphic scenes.

Why I Need It
I love this author's Exotic Pet-Sitter mysteries and am so excited that she's got a new cozy series coming out. The idea of a café where you can visit shelter dogs is so cool. I love that idea. Add in a mystery and this makes it's way to the top of my TBR list. 

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

16 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this! As a 🐕 momma I would love a cafe like this. The mystery sounds like a good one!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't this be such a neat place to visit? :)

      Delete
  2. You're on a dog book roll this week! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, lol. I didn't even realize it until you mentioned it. :D

      Delete
  3. I want to visit that Cafe! I've got such a soft spot for dogs and cats. This sounds like it'll be a good series. I hope you enjoy No Filter when you read it. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I love the dog on the cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ran across this one on Amazon today and put it on my wishlist. It definitely grabbed the attention of my Canine ADHD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing No Filter today! I'm so excited for readers to meet Macy and Bo and the Great Dane, Coal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm really excited to meet all the characters. :D

      Delete