Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses #2) by Jen Turano

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses #2) by Jen Turano releasing September 3. 

About the Book
To save her family from financial ruin, Miss Poppy Garrison accepts an unusual proposition to participate in the New York social season in exchange for her grandmother settling a family loan that has unexpectedly come due. Ill-equipped to handle the intricacies of mingling within the New York Four Hundred, Poppy becomes embroiled in one hilarious fiasco after another, doomed to suffer a grand societal failure instead of being deemed the diamond of the first water her grandmother longs for her to become.

Reginald Blackburn, second son of a duke, has been forced to travel to America to help his cousin, Charles Wynn, Earl of Lonsdale, find an American heiress to wed in order to shore up his family estate that is in desperate need of funds. Reginald himself has no interest in finding an heiress to marry, but when Poppy's grandmother asks him to give etiquette lessons to Poppy, he swiftly discovers he may be in for much more than he bargained for.


Why I Need It
Jen Turano always injects so much humor into her novels. I usually have a permanent smile on my face when I'm reading one of her books. I'm so excited for this one. I imagine the etiquette lessons will be quite amusing!

What upcoming release are you excited about?
 

10 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds good and I love when there's humor in a book. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Sometimes a humorous book is just what I need. Thanks for coming by, Barb! :)

      Delete
  2. I have seen Aladdin too often recently! I saw this title and immediately Aladdin songs popped into my head. Of course, this book has nothing to do with Aladdin,but my brain is always making connections, I guess. 😊 I do love the sound of this book though. It sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing! Have a great day, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I watched the animated movie so many times when I was a kid. Such a great movie. Still need to see the new version. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. This one does sound like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for it! Thanks for coming by, Lark! :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE her books and am planning on reading this one as well. Great pick!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! Her books are so much fun! Thanks for coming by, Tressa! :)

      Delete