Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Review: Spindle (Two Monarchies Sequence #1) by W.R. Gingell


About the Book
"A roller-coaster ride of creative and fantastic fairy tale retelling!" -Wishful Endings Book Blog

What do you do when your prince is not a prince, your hair won’t stop growing, and someone has cursed you to sleep for 300 years?

If you’re Polyhymnia, you get up with the help of a kiss or two, trailing your hair behind you, and find out who did it. You try not to get killed in the process.

And you definitely try not to fall in love with the incredibly irritating wizard who woke you and apparently needs to keep kissing you to keep you awake...


My Thoughts

I'm a huge fan of this author's Between series and wanted to try something else from her. Spindle was awesome! It's weird, a little wacky, and I loved every second of it.

This book plops the reader right into things and it took me a bit to really get my bearings, to figure out what was going on. But that was part of the fun. Poly's missing a lot of her memories, so as she slowly starts remembering, things begin to take shape and make more sense. I was reading as fast as I could to try to figure everything out.

Spindle has a bit of a Sleeping Beauty feel to it, but Poly's not a princess and Luck's not the prince. I found the nod to the classic tale to be so great. I had such a fun time reading it and am anxious to check out the rest of the series.

Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment