Thursday, June 27, 2019

Review: Boundary Broken (Boundary Magic #4) by Melissa F. Olson

About the Book
Years ago, boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther made a promise to an alpha werewolf. Now, just when the supernatural community in Colorado is enjoying a period of hard-won peace, the alpha turns up at Lex’s door to call in his marker. Two of his pack members have disappeared in the Colorado sand dunes, and he needs safe passage to hunt for them.

With her friend Simon Pellar along for backup, Lex ventures into the dunes to search for the missing couple…but what they find is only the opening move in an ambitious assault against those who hold power in the Colorado Old World. An old enemy has returned to tear their peace apart, and Lex is soon embroiled in politics she doesn’t understand, from a time before she had magic.

To save her friends and her way of life, Lex will have to cross every line she’s drawn since learning what she is—and it may still be too late.


My Thoughts

I enjoyed this fourth installment of the Boundary Magic series, but not quite as much as the previous ones. It moved at a fast pace, held my attention, and set things up nicely for the next book.

It was great being back in Boulder, CO with Lex and the gang, but I had a major issue with something that happened. I'm not going to say what it was because it'd be a major spoiler. But, yeah, I had to take off a star for that. If this had been my first time reading a book in this series, I probably wouldn't have finished it. Four books in and I'm invested in these characters and want to know how things turn out for them. But it bothered me so much. I'm conflicted.

NOTE: This book contains strong language.

Three Stars

2 comments: