Thursday, June 6, 2019

Review: Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1) by Natalie Walters

About the Book
In the little town of Walton, Georgia, everybody knows your name--but no one knows your secret. At least that's what Lane Kent is counting on when she returns to her hometown with her five-year-old son. Dangerously depressed after the death of her husband, Lane is looking for hope. What she finds instead is a dead body.

Lane must work with Walton's newest deputy, Charlie Lynch, to uncover the truth behind the murder. But when that truth hits too close to home, she'll have to decide if saving the life of another is worth the cost of revealing her darkest secret.

Debut novelist Natalie Walters pulls you to the edge of your seat on the first page and keeps you there until the last in this riveting story that will have you believing no one is defined by their past.


My Thoughts

Living Lies was a marvelous debut from author Natalie Walters. The writing was so great. I was immediately pulled into the story and completely invested in the characters' lives. And these characters! Oh my! They were so realistic in their struggles and hardships, triumphs and joys.

This novel tackles some difficult subjects (depression, PTSD, mental illness) with authenticity and grace. These topics should be brought into the light more often and I appreciated the way it was handled here.

I greatly enjoyed my time reading this book. The mystery was good and the suspense kept building. I've definitely found a new author to add to my auto-buy list. I can't wait for book two!

I received a copy of the book from the publisher via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my honest opinion.

Four Stars

4 comments:

  1. Her name, Lane Kent, totally made me think of Lois Lane and Clark Kent. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have this one on my shelf, and cannot wait to discover a new debut author!! Glad to hear you enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I find an awesome debut author! Can't wait to read more from her! Thanks for coming by, Rissi! :)

      Delete