Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2) by Nancy Mehl

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2) by Nancy Mehl releasing August 6.

About the Book
When FBI profiler Kaely Quinn's mother is diagnosed with cancer, Kaely takes time off work to go to Dark Water, Nebraska, to help her brother care for their mother. Upon her arrival, she learns of a series of fires in the small town, attributed by the fire chief to misuse of space heaters in the frigid winter. But Kaely is skeptical, and a search for a pattern in the locations of the fires bolsters her suspicions.

After yet another blaze devastates a local family, Kaely is certain a serial arsonist is on the loose. Calling upon her partner from St. Louis, Noah Hunter, and her brother's firefighter neighbor who backs Kaely's suspicions, Kaely and her team begin an investigation that swiftly leads them down a twisted path. When the truth is finally revealed, Kaely finds herself confronting a madman who is determined his last heinous act will be her death.

Why I Need It
Mind Games, the first book in this series, was awesome. It's one of the most unpredictable books I've read. So many twists and turns that I didn't see coming. So many shocking reveals. It was so good. I've been so eager for this sequel ever since I reached the last page of Mind Games. The wait has been awful. August 6 can't come soon enough.

What upcoming release are you excited about?

8 comments:

  1. I love stories with so many twists, turns, and reveals! This sounds great! Excellent WOW pick! Thanks for sharing :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It's so nice to be surprised. Thanks for stopping by, Lindy! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a great one! Thanks for coming by, Ronyell! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I think I need to check out this series. Nice choice and thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy it. It's so good! Thanks for visiting, Barb! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm anxious to read Patricia Briggs' newest Mercy Thompson book which came out yesterday, but which I don't have a copy of yet. (And how's that for a convoluted sentence?) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll be able to get a copy of it soon. I still haven't started the series, but it's high on my want to read list. I've heard such great things about it. Thanks for coming by, Lark! :)

      Delete