Thursday, May 23, 2019

Review: Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by Bethany Turner

About the Book
After four years with her boyfriend, Cadie McCaffrey is thinking of ending things. Convinced Will doesn't love her in the "forever" way she loves him, Cadie believes it's time for her to let him go before life passes her by. When a misunderstanding leads to a mistake, leaving her hurt, disappointed, and full of regret, she finally sends him packing.

But for Will, the end of their relationship is only the beginning of his quest to figure out how to be the man Cadie wanted him to be. With the dubious guidance of his former pro-athlete work friends and tactics drawn from Cadie's favorite romantic comedies, Will attempts to win her back. It's a foolproof plan. What could possibly go wrong?

Bethany Turner is back with more of the heart and humor readers love. Anyone who enjoys a good romance or binges romantic comedies on Netflix will devour this delightful story.
 


My Thoughts

I can't even begin to tell you how much I absolutely loved this delightful book. Gosh, it's just so good! Such a breath of fresh air. Such a wonderfully funny and smile-inducing read. I was snorting with laughter all the way through. But there were also serious moments, moments of real depth, too. It had a nice balance to it.

You could probably say that this book classifies as “edgy” Christian Fiction. Topics not normally found or discussed in this genre were present which I enjoyed. It made this book feel more “real”.

This was one of my most highly anticipated releases for the year and it completely blew my expectations out of the water. I loved Bethany Turner's The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck so stinking much, but this one's even better! I didn't think it was possible. I'd love to see it made into a movie one of these days. It'd be awesome.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this story as seen through Will's eyes. Is it a dual POV? Or just his?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's told from both of their perspectives which I really liked. It was nice to get both sides of the story. :)

      Delete