Monday, February 25, 2019

Review: Snowspelled (The Harwood Spellbook #1) by Stephanie Burgis

About the Book
In nineteenth-century Angland, magic is reserved for gentlemen while ladies attend to the more practical business of politics. But Cassandra Harwood has never followed the rules...

Four months ago, Cassandra Harwood was the first woman magician in Angland, and she was betrothed to the brilliant, intense love of her life.

Now Cassandra is trapped in a snowbound house party deep in the elven dales, surrounded by bickering gentleman magicians, manipulative lady politicians, her own interfering family members, and, worst of all, her infuriatingly stubborn ex-fiancĂ©, who refuses to understand that she’s given him up for his own good.

But the greatest danger of all lies outside the manor in the falling snow, where a powerful and malevolent elf-lord lurks...and Cassandra lost all of her own magic four months ago.

To save herself, Cassandra will have to discover exactly what inner powers she still possesses – and risk everything to win a new kind of happiness.

A witty and sparkling romantic fantasy novella that opens a brand-new series from the author of Kat, Incorrigible, Masks and Shadows and Congress of Secrets.

*Volume I of The Harwood Spellbook *


My Thoughts

Snowspelled was a delightfully enchanting novella that I had so much fun reading.

The world building was great and really interesting. It's set in an alternate regency-like era in a country named Angland where women are the politicians and men have magic. There's elves, trolls, and the mention of fairies. It was so fascinating to learn about this intriguing world.

Snowspelled was really good and while I was reading it I was fully absorbed in it. But when I'd have to set it aside to tend to other things, I found that I wasn't in a rush to get back to it. That's not a bad thing, some books are just like that for me, and that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. I enjoyed Snowspelled a great deal and am very eager for the next book.

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It actually just released today. I have a few other books I need to read first, but I'm excited to dive into Thornbound as soon as I can.

      Thanks for visiting, Lark! Hope you have an awesome week! :)

      Delete