Monday, July 16, 2018

Review: Facade by Pepper Basham

About the Book
A reclusive academic who would do anything to save her brother.

A reluctant spy who’d risk is life to save the woman who broke his heart.

Olivia Rakes has almost mythic observations skills when it comes to facts, figures, and details, but she stumbles through matters of the heart. When her brother goes missing over German-occupied France, Livy enlists her services with a group of search-and-rescue spies, who not only thrust her toward espionage, danger, and deceit, but the most frightening of all…romance.

Agent Christopher Dawson has avoided Livy Rakes since she broke his heart three years ago. Which is probably for the best, since, as a British spy, he could very well die any day and pursuing a romantic relationship is not on the agenda for him. But when the search for a downed-pilot brings them together on a secret mission, the heart takes on a mind of its own.

In a world where war changes the rules of life and love, can Christopher and Livy work together to complete their rescue mission before the enemy catches them first.


My Thoughts

I've read a couple of Pepper Basham's contemporary novels and loved them, so I was excited for her new novella set during my favorite time period of World War II. Facade did not disappoint. It was so good and once I reached the middle I could not put it down.

There was danger, intrigue, suspense, and such a great romance. I found all the spy stuff super interesting and one of my favorite aspects of the story.

Livy and Christopher were wonderful characters. Livy's super relatable and easy to like. And Christopher is just a genuinely good guy, so brave and caring.

Facade's a quick, fast-paced read that I enjoyed very much!

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Ashley!! I'm glad you enjoyed Christopher and Livy's story...the gadgets were super fun to research and...invent :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fantastic read! I loved all the gadgets! So much fun! Thanks for stopping by, Pepper!

      Delete