Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Review: Finding Beauty in the Beast by Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee

About the Book
Princess Rose’s fiery temper has kept every potential suitor away—until now. After being spurned and humiliated for the last time, the princess forces every eligible man in the kingdom to present a gift to her under pain of death. The man who brings her the best gift will be chosen as her husband.

When Corbin is summoned to present his gift, he hopes that his simple offering will keep him safely overlooked. All he wants is to return to his quiet life as a common blacksmith, away from forbidding castles and beastly princesses. But love works in mysterious ways, and it all starts with a rose...






My Thoughts

Oh wow, what an absolutely beautiful story! I love fairytale retellings, Beauty and the Beast ones most of all. Finding Beauty in the Beast was such a fresh take on the original story and I thought it was so unique having “Beauty” as the “Beast”. It added so many layers to the story and delivered such a meaningful and poignant message.

Rose was definitely not likable to begin with. Her nickname of “The Beast” suited her quite well, but as the story progressed and more was revealed about her, it became clear why she acted the way she did. It didn't make her actions or attitude okay, just more understandable. From the very beginning, Corbin was just an all-around good guy and the perfect person to try to break through “The Beast's” hard exterior.

Finding Beauty in the Beast was the first book I've read by Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee, but it definitely won't be the last. I enjoyed every single second of this book. I didn't want it to end, but once I did reach the conclusion I had a big smile on my face. It was an amazingly refreshing read and I'm excited to check out Peaslee's other books!

I voluntarily reviewed this book that I won in a giveaway. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment