Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Review: The Sisters Grimm by Merrie Destefano

SYNOPSIS
Descended from the Brothers Grimm. Hunted by an evil regime. Their story was never just a fairytale.

When her sister is gravely injured during a rescue attempt, Ivy Grimm is forced to team up with River, a disowned Fae prince, to save children trapped in a dark fairytale world. But their mission quickly turns into something far more dangerous.

With a rising rebellion, a ruthless enemy closing in, and a love neither of them expected, Ivy must decide how far she’s willing to go to rewrite this story’s ending.

With echoes of The Nightingale, Nazi oppression, and Grimm’s Fairytales, The Sisters Grimm is a romantasy of courage, hope, and the fight to survive—even when the darkness seems endless.

The Sisters Grimm will launch on Kickstarter soon. Be sure to follow it so you'll know when it goes live!

MY THOUGHTS

The Sisters Grimm is Merrie Destefano at her finest. I’ve loved everything I’ve read by her, but this is a new favorite. I know I’m going to want to read it again and again. The premise was great, and the world-building was stunning. So rich and immersive. There was such a grand feel to the whole story.

I loved Ivy and River so much. They were wonderful characters who were easy to root for. I loved that we got both of their POVs.

I enjoyed seeing the supportive and sisterly bond between Ivy and Sparrow. I thought the whole cast of characters was great. It was very interesting to see some of the classic fairytale characters in a new way.

I didn't want this book to end. I didn’t want to say goodbye to these characters or this storyworld. It sucked me in and still hasn’t let go. I can’t say enough good things about it. I highly, highly recommend it!

I received a copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

1 comment: