An illegal herbwitch, a man turned bear, and the curse keeping them apart.
Guinevere has spent years hiding her illegal magic, healing on the sly with enhanced salves and tonics. Life in her tiny cottage making potions by firelight is quiet and lonely, but it keeps her safe…even if it’s hard to buy food sometimes.
Gideon Rendon is tired of being a bear, but with silence woven into his curse and anyone who sees him trying to kill him, he’s run out of hope. When Guinevere discovers his secret, he begins to feel hope for the first time in years–but the curse is taking over, and he’s spending more and more time as a bear.
As Guinevere stitches his wounds, helps with his brother’s injury, and attempts to break his curse before he loses his humanity, the line between healer and patient begins to blur. But with Gideon’s noble family and Guinevere’s dangerous secret between them, falling in love might be a risk neither of them can afford.
Once Upon A Bear is a cozy fantasy romance inspired by the Goldilocks fairy tale, full of grumpy sunshine vibes and wound tending, and the fifth book in the Galamere Chronicles. Each standalone, young adult romance is a clean and wholesome retelling of a beloved story or fairytale, with the swoon-worthy sweet romance of a Hallmark movie, the wholesome and heartwarming feeling of cozy fantasy, and the comfort of a found family of friends, with a sprinkling of danger and a dash of magic.
While Once Upon A Bear is the fifth book in the Galamere Chronicles series, each couple has their own romance with a happily ever after that can be read in any order.
MY THOUGHTS
Guinevere and Gideon were wonderful characters. I loved the grumpy sunshine vibe between them. I liked seeing Guinevere grow in her confidence and skills. I really felt for Gideon with his curse. I was really hoping they’d find a cure for it.
This story was a really fun Goldilocks retelling. I don’t see that story retold often, so I loved that. It was fun seeing the callbacks to the original tale, but I also liked how unique it was too. If you’re a fan of sweet fairytale retellings, don’t hesitate to pick up a copy! You’ll love it!
I received a copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.
FIVE STARS

I love the idea of the bear being the one under a curse. Five stars and your favourite from this author, that says a lot.
ReplyDeleteGreetz, Diana
https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com
Sounds sweet.
ReplyDelete