Monday, March 7, 2022

Review: Rest, Girl: A Journey from Exhausted and Stressed to Entirely Blessed by Jami Amerine

About the Book
If you’re overwhelmed and exhausted. . .
If you’ve ever thought that all you need to do is try harder. . .
If you’ve ever felt unappreciated or overlooked. . .
If you’ve found Jesus or you’re still searching. . .

Your Heavenly Father Invites You to Rest, Girl.


***

Female readers of all ages will find a sassy, funny, authentic, and encouraging friend in master word weaver Jami Amerine, as she comes alongside you to share God’s overwhelming grace and peace in an inside-out journey to true, life-sustaining rest. In a climate that is steeped in stress and worries, this book offers a priceless opportunity to walk in faith to experience the overwhelming blessing of a mind, spirit, and body at rest. Jami will lead you on a humorous, engaging and life-altering journey from restrictions and unrealistic expectations to the unconditional love of the Father.


MY THOUGHTS

I was so happy to have won this book in a giveaway. I probably never would've picked up a copy of it otherwise. I don't read a lot of nonfiction. I probably should read more of it; I've just always been more drawn to fiction. But anyway, this book was great. Filled with lots of helpful advice and words of wisdom for this chronic worrier.

My favorite chapter, and the one I'm going to strive to put into practice right now, was "What If...Wow." This really opened my eyes up to how often I always think and then prepare myself for the worst-case scenario to happen. Thinking, "What if...ugh" situations. But what I should be doing instead is thinking about all the "What if...wow!" moments that could happen. Starting with a positive attitude and thinking about all the wonderful things that could happen, instead of expecting everything to go wrong. This isn't gonna be easy, but I'm really gonna try. 

This was a really great book that's backed up with scripture. And while there were a few things I didn't quite agree with, this book as a whole was very helpful and full of lots of good tips. I highly recommend it to every woman. Everything in here might not apply to everyone, but it's well worth the read. I'm planning on reading it again soon. 

I won this book in a giveaway and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. I should read this one...I've definitely been running exhausted and stressed lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has some really great tips. I'm hoping it will ease my stress and anxiety. Even just a little bit would help. :)

      Delete