Thursday, March 17, 2022

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Refuge of Redemption: The Colsons (Fog Lake Suspense #7) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Refuge of Redemption by Christy Barritt

About the Book (From Amazon)
Home is a place of refuge—unless it’s a killer’s playground.

For years, Bear Colson has been known as the serial killer’s son. But now, someone else is behind bars for the crimes his father was accused of committing. Bear wants to believe hope for a brighter future is in sight, but he has reason to suspect more than one killer was involved.

Forensic photographer Piper Stephens’ career crashed and burned when she trusted the wrong man. Now, after discovering an alarming secret about the infamous Good Samaritan Killer, she sets out to find both answers and redemption. But things go awry when her assistant becomes the next victim.

As fear batters Fog Lake residents once again, Bear and Piper join forces to track down the truth. But the killer is determined to remain in the shadows—and he’ll destroy anyone who stands in his way.

Book Beginnings (This is from the villain's POV. We don't know their identity yet, but there are multiple chapters narrated by them.)
They don't know what they don't know.
As I sit among my colleagues, the reminder makes me smile.

Friday 56
Could that unassuming man really be a killer? He looked so normal, so harmless.

What have you been reading lately?

20 comments:

  1. This looks like a good mystery. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing snippets. And the plot teaser makes this sounds like a great book. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. It was nice to finally have some answers and to wrap up the mystery surrounding the Good Samaritan Killer.

      Delete
  3. I really like that cover and blurb! Hope you have fun reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that we get the villian's POV. Cool! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It adds an intriguing new layer to the story. Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Are you reading the series?! I really need to catch up on her works! Have a great weekend. My post: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/03/first-line-friday-43-to-marry-earl.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it. I'm getting so behind on her books. She writes them so fast that I can't keep up, lol. :D

      Delete
    2. I understand that completely!

      Delete
    3. I guess it's better to have too many books to read from an author rather than not enough. :D

      Delete
  6. Oh, dear, I'm going to have to add another to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I guess it's a good problem to have too many books to read. :D

      Delete