Thursday, October 5, 2017

Review: A Harvest Bond: Sacred Bond Series Final Novella by Lee Tobin McClain


About the Book

Widower John Moretti feels like a kid again. Healthy living, working his Pennsylvania farm, and mentoring troubled boys have brought him back from grief and illness into a whole new life.

Emily Stern has recovered from losing her husband too young, and she can’t wait to get started on her dream: creating a rural retreat for struggling midlife women. The farm she’s inherited is the perfect place, so much so that she’s willing to move across the country to make it happen.

But when Emily arrives at the Covenant Farm, she’s shocked to find her long-ago love, John Moretti, living there… and contemplating very different plans for the place. Forced to compromise by staying at the farm together, they quickly realize there’s still a spark between them. But only John knows what else stands between them: a secret that could break Emily’s heart.

Jump into the final novella of the Sacred Bond series… a touching love story about sowing, reaping, and gathering in the harvest.


My Review

4.5 Stars

Oh goodness... I loved this novella! It was such a heartwarming story! A Harvest Bond was the first book in the Sacred Bond series that I've read and even though it's the conclusion to the series, I was never confused. I think it stands alone great. It did make me really interested in reading the previous books, though.

This story is centered around an older couple, which I really enjoyed. You don't find that often, so I thought it was very refreshing. John and Emily are at odds with each other over the direction they think the farm should go. They have really awesome ideas that would help a lot of people, but their plans are so different. It was great watching their interactions.

A Harvest Bond features an endearing love story that I enjoyed very much! I'm excited to check out the earlier books in this series!

I received a copy of this book from the author. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

To learn more about Lee Tobin McClain, visit her website, Facebook page, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment