Thursday, September 14, 2017

Review: Deadly Proof (Atlanta Justice #1) by Rachel Dylan


About the Book

Riveting New Series Offers Legal Suspense with a Romantic Twist

In the biggest case of her career, attorney Kate Sullivan is tapped as lead counsel to take on Mason Pharmaceutical because of a corporate cover-up related to its newest drug. After a whistleblower dies, Kate knows the stakes are much higher than her other lawsuits.

Former Army Ranger turned private investigator Landon James is still haunted by mistakes made while serving overseas. Trying to forget the past, he is hired by Kate to look into the whistleblower's allegation and soon suspects that the company may be engaging in a dangerous game for profit. He also soon finds himself falling for this passionate and earnest young lawyer.

Determined not to make the same mistakes, he's intent on keeping Kate safe, but as the case deepens, it appears someone is willing to risk everything--even murder--to keep the case from going to trial.


My Review

Five Stars

Deadly Proof was my first time reading anything by Rachel Dylan and... wow!... was it good or what? When I first heard about it, I was instantly intrigued and knew I had to read it. It did not disappoint! I was hooked from the first chapter and never wanted to put it down. The action and suspense continually progressed and by the end, I could not read fast enough. At one point, I found myself literally gasping for breath. There were lots of twist, turns, and shocking surprises. It definitely kept me guessing.

Kate's a super strong and powerful attorney who's fighting for the underdog, the innocent victims. It's not about the money for her, she genuinely wants to help people. She's very relatable and easy to like. Landon's protective and extremely thorough with his job. He's got some demons, but is actively working to become a better person.

It was very interesting to get an inside look at corporate law and learn some of the ins and outs. Dylan did a great job at explaining all the legal terminology without it being clunky or sounding out of place. I really enjoyed getting to see both sides of the case. While it was mostly from Kate's side, there was also a peek at the opposing counsel.

I haven't read many legal thrillers, but after absolutely loving this one, I can't wait to check more out. And I'm definitely going to check out Dylan's other books. I can't recommend this book enough and I can't wait for the next one!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. All thoughts and comments are my own honest opinion.


To learn more about Rachel Dylan, visit her website, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I feel like I need to read more legal thrillers, so will keep this in mind. I tend to have cravings for genres every so often heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize I hadn't read many legal thrillers until I was in the middle of this one (and loving it) and trying to think of others I had read, coming up blank. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  2. I have read and loved this book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I had a hard time putting it down! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete