Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Review: Crown of Souls (The Tox Files #2) by Ronie Kendig


About the Book

"Kendig has out done herself."--RT Book Reviews on Conspiracy of Silence

Six months after stopping a deadly plague, Cole "Tox" Russell and his team are enjoying a little rest. That peace is short-lived when a sniper shot hits Tox. The enemy is discovered to be one of their own, a rogue Special Forces team operator.

Alec King is perhaps the only person as skilled as Tox, and he's out for justice. Furious with orders that got his men killed, he intends to make those responsible pay. And he insists Tox join him, believing they are the same breed of soldier.

Afraid his old friend is right, Tox battles a growing darkness within himself as he and his team engage in another deadly encounter with antiquity. It appears Alec is cheating--he's using a mysterious artifact, a crown that history has linked to some of the worst slaughters in humanity. Racing to stop Alec before his vengeance is unleashed, Tox must fight the monster without becoming one.


My Review

Five Stars

Sometimes a book is so good that I struggle to put into words just how amazing it is. Crown of Souls is just that kind of book. It took me a little bit to get my thoughts about it in order. Usually, after I finish reading a book, I immediately go write my review. But not with this one. There was so much sheer awesomeness that it took me a day to figure out what to say.

Wow! What a way to start a book! I was hooked from that very first sentence. This is a big book, but it went by lightning quick. The pace was fast and furious, never letting up. I couldn't read it fast enough. There were times when my heart was pounding furiously and I caught myself holding my breath. The action was so intense, the danger felt so real. I felt like I was right in the middle of the action. There was never a good place to stop. I didn't want to put it down. I mean, there were times I'd have to because... 'real life'... but I was never happy about it.

Crown of Souls takes a closer look at Tox and his past, the demons he's fighting, the fears he's struggling with. His old friend and teammate has him in his sights, making Tox question everything about himself. It was great reconnecting with Tox and the team for another archaeological mystery and race against time. There were so many complex layers weaved seamlessly throughout. The amount of research that must've gone into this novel... mind blowing!

Crown of Souls is another spectacular, edge of your seat, nonstop thriller from Ronie Kendig and is her finest work yet! If you haven't picked up this series, run and grab yourself a copy! I can't recommend it highly enough and am very eager for book three!

I received a copy of this book from the author. All thoughts and comments are my own honest opinion.


To learn more about Ronie Kendig, visit her website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment