Friday, June 2, 2017

Book Beginnings: I'll Be There: A Deep Haven Montana Fire Novel by Susan May Warren

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading, along with your initial thoughts/impressions. 



Connor Young needed just one perfect weekend.

One perfect weekend free of drama.  No grizzly maulings, no plane crashes, no firestorms, no criminal accusations, and he didn't think it was too much to ask God for a little sunshine either.

After all, a guy only got married once.

My Thoughts:
Okay, I know that's more than one sentence, but I couldn't help myself.  I just want to keep reading!

What's the first line (or so) of the book you're currently reading? Leave a comment and let me know.

10 comments:

  1. I like the opener...it shows me what a perfect day would look like, and I'm sure that something will happen to mar the day. Here's mine: “ONE GOOD THING”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's sure to be some sort of calamity that'll try to ruin the day.

      Delete
  2. That really hooks you right off! I'm reading Newton and Polly right now. It starts off....."I fear that our wassailing has become a nuisance."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very intrigued by Newton and Polly. Hope you're enjoying it!

      Delete
  3. I like the beginning. This books seems interesting so thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan May Warren is one of my favorite authors. She's very good at keeping me hooked throughout the whole story. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for adding more sentences. I want to keep reading it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite an opening, that's for sure! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Is it strange that I thought she was hold asparagus at first? XD

    Thanks for sharing.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that, too, when I first saw it, lol!

      Delete