Friday, June 23, 2017

Book Beginnings: Distorted by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading, along with your initial thoughts/impressions.

This week I'm featuring Distorted by Christy Barritt. It just released this Tuesday and you can check out my review for it here.


Tennyson Walker's mission was clear; find Dante Torres, take him down by whatever means necessary, capture the insurgents, and get out.

My Thoughts:
It certainly hooked me, made me want to keep reading to see if Tennyson's mission succeeded.

What's the first line (or so) of the book you're reading? Leave a comment below and let me know.

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm...who is she talking to? And what is it about?
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Distorted is a great romantic suspense that takes a look at what life is like for a survivor of human trafficking. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great excerpt! It definitely captured my attention. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SUNSHINE SISTERS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great beginning, definitely makes me want to know more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. That really hooks you right off! I just started Moving Target (Elite Guardians Book 3) by Lynette Eason. It starts out ".....for it is written:'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord." The words grabbed the man by the throat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's quite the opening! I'm definitely intrigued! Happy Reading! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's very eye-catching! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete