Thursday, October 26, 2023

Review: Lake Shore Wandering (Redemption Shores #1) by Jennifer Rodewald

About the Book
Is love worth the gamble? And if so, will memory-restored Bennett still feel the same?

Hazel is working on a plan to keep her peaceful, remote life. When Bennet shows up pretending to be something he’s not, she knows she’s running out of time. Luckily for her, he hit his head and can’t remember a thing. With sudden inspiration thanks to an eighties rom-com, she’s got a whole new plan.

Convince Bennett they’re married? Check. Convince Bennett he belongs in Elk Canyon with her? That’s another task altogether . . . one that just might end up gambling her heart.


(Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting)

MY THOUGHTS

What a great start to a new series! Hazel was very much an outdoorsy country girl, while Bennett was very much a fancy city boy. Polar opposites, to say the least! So, you can just imagine the sparks that fly, right? There were so many hilarious, laugh-out-loud moments, but this was also a sweet and tender read. I loved every second of it and didn't want it to end.

I love that this series is following the same characters in each book. I’m excited to dive deeper into their lives, see them grow, and watch their relationships develop even more. I’m very eager for the next book in the series. I'm curious about what's in store for Hazel and Bennet next, and I need to know more about Hunter and Janie. What’s their story? What's the history behind their animosity towards each other? Why is Hunter so reluctant to go back home? I need to know!

This was originally part of The 80s Rom-Com Club box set, but the author has updated and expanded the story. I loved it the first time I read it, and I loved it even more this go-around.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love a book that makes you laugh out loud! :D

    ReplyDelete