Thursday, October 26, 2023

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: Just Don't Fall (Sweater Weather #1) by Emma St. Clair

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. (Friday 56 is on hiatus right now, but I'll still be participating.)

This week I'm featuring Just Don't Fall (Sweater Weather #1) by Emma St. Clair. I'm a little late to the party, but I'm finally reading Just Don't Fall. It's so good and so funny! 

About the Book
Before Logan Barnes was hockey’s hottest bad boy, he was my brother’s best friend … and my first crush. Oh, yeah--and the guy who ghosted me and broke my teenage heart.

Now Logan is back in Harvest Hollow, but not willingly. Recovering from an injury (and some bad press), he’s stuck playing for our minor league team.

Which means I’ll be working with him almost daily.

As the hockey team's social media manager, it’s my job to wrangle all the guys into filming TikTok trending videos. But Logan doesn’t want to be wrangled.

Turns out … neither does my heart.

Because my old crush never died.

And when Logan becomes my accidental fake boyfriend, those old feelings flare hot enough to melt the ice.

But this is all totally one-sided. Totally fake. Isn't it?

No matter what signals he seems to be giving me or how real things start to feel, I know Logan’s not home for good.

I survived Logan leaving me once. But this time, I’m not so sure my heart will recover …

Just Don't Fall is a small town, closed door hockey romcom with all the fake dating, brother's best friend vibes. You'll get smoking chemistry and characters to root for but NO spice. (Yes, you read that right--a low spice hockey romance.) Perfect for fans of sports romance who want a less heat.

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
"I signed a contract to play hockey. Not dance."

Friday 56
Logan's right about being in the moment. This is one of those where I wish I could hit pause. The kind of moment I want to revel in, burrowing down like its a warm, comfy bed where I can shut out the whole rest of the world.

What have you been reading lately?


12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute romance. I'll have to add it to my list since I'm a fan of romances with athletes. I'm spotlighting The Cater Street Hangman which is the first in a series I've been meaning to read for a while. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cute romances now and then. Have a wonderful weekend, Ashley ☕๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jody! Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete
  3. I thought this one was a lot of fun! I liked the two of them together. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good together! Hope you have an awesome week, Lark! :)

      Delete
  4. Yay!! Welcome to the party! I finished book 5 yesterday (haven't had time to finish the review), but I am enjoy all the books ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to continue the series. I don't know if I'll be able to get to all of them this Fall, but I'm sure they'll be good year-round. :D

      Delete
  5. I'm even later to the party. I just recently bought with a gift certificate the first and last books in the series (both about hockey, which I love). I want to read them soon. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hockey, too, and am looking forward to the last book in the series, as well. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete