Monday, December 25, 2017

Review: One Enchanted Eve by Melissa Tagg


About the Book

A delightful Christmas romance about finding the perfect recipe for love.

After years of mistakes and regret, Colin Renwycke finally has a plan: Hone his baking talent at the Denver Culinary Institute and embark on a new career as a pastry chef. If he's lucky, he might even manage to earn back his family's respect. But despite his skills in the kitchen, Colin's a mess in the classroom and his ongoing disasters are proving too much for his prickly instructor. If he loses his spot at the school, he's out of backup plans.

Culinary school instructor Rylan Jefferson has the chance to reclaim her dream of running her own bakery. But she only has until Christmas Eve to come up with the perfect recipe to impress an eccentric investor. She has no time for holiday parties or family plans . . . and especially not for the unruly student baker who couldn't follow a recipe if his life depended on it.

But Colin has the one ingredient Rylan needs most—talent. Lots of it. And when he makes a proposal that just might solve both their problems, Rylan can't say no—even if it does mean traveling all the way to Iowa. It just might be that the snow-covered plains and a charming small town full of postcard Christmas cheer are exactly what her hungry heart needs . . . along with a man who is much more than he seems.
 


My Review

Five Stars

One Enchanted Eve was SO good! It was such a wonderful and 'enchanting' novella that's perfect for putting the reader in the Christmas spirit. I've loved everything I've read by Melissa Tagg. She's so great at crafting realistic and likable characters, swoony heroes, and meaningful faith-filled moments that touch my heart. And I've gotta say, I absolutely loved being back in Maple Valley. I love that town! Seriously, it'd be a dream place to live!

I'll admit it, I have a bit of a crush on Colin. He's kind of a disaster in the kitchen, but his determination was super endearing. And the fact that he's trying to change his old habits, made him even more likable. Rylan likes things a particular way, while Colin likes to shake things up. So, as you can probably imagine, their interactions were quite entertaining.

I read this super quick. And even though it's a novella, it didn't feel like one. It was a complete, fully fleshed out story. I found myself with a big smile on my face numerous times throughout this story. I highly recommend and can't wait to start Leigh's story, One Enchanted Noël!

To learn more about Melissa Tagg, visit her website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment