Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Review: Safety in Blunders (The Worst Detective Ever #3) by Christy Barritt


About the Book

Hollywood sweetheart Joey Darling's adventures and mishaps continue in the third book of the charming mystery series set in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

My name is Joey Darling, and I’m a disgrace to imaginary detectives everywhere.

When actress Joey Darling discovers a mermaid tail with drops of fresh blood on it while hiking in a remote nature preserve, she knows something suspicious is going on.

As details surface, Joey realizes she’s dealing with a problem she has encountered one too many times: someone desperate for fame who falls victim to a predator. With the help of her neighbor Zane Oakley and the opposition of local detective Jackson Sullivan, Joey hunts for answers, unaware of the deadly net in which she’s about to entangle herself.

Joey knows she’s a fish out of water when it comes to cracking cases, but can she use her talent—acting—to help find the missing woman? Or will Joey end up swimming with sharks?


My Review

Four Stars

I am loving this series! Each book seems to get better and better! Safety in Blunders is book three in the Worst Detective Ever series, but it can definitely stand alone.

During a hike with Zane, her adventure-loving neighbor (and potential love interest), former TV detective and self-proclaimed worst detective ever, Joey Darling stumbles upon a bloodied mermaid tail which leads to a missing person search. With her new “consulting” job with the police department, Joey gets an inside look at the investigation while shadowing Detective Jackson Sullivan (her other potential love interest). Even with her 'inside look', she still takes crazy risks while trying to solve the mystery which inevitably leads to dangerous situations. I mean, we're still talking about Joey Darling here, lol. There's never a dull moment with her.

There were so many laugh-out-loud moments, but also times when I was on the edge of my seat. And while this book was a bit slower paced than the previous one, I still enjoyed it a great deal and read it as fast as I could. The mystery was superb. I had my suspicions, but I didn't figure it out until the reveal. On the love triangle front, I'm pretty sure I know which guy I'm rooting for Joey end up with. Now, just gotta wait and see the outcome! I loved the ending! I can't wait to start the next book, Join the Flub!


To learn more about Christy Barritt, visit her website, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment