Monday, July 10, 2017

Review: Over Maya Dead Body (Serena Jones Mystery #3) by Sandra Orchard


Summary

FBI Special Agent Serena Jones arrives on Martha's Vineyard with her family, ready for a little bit of R&R and a whole lot of reminiscing as they celebrate the engagement of an old family friend. But crime doesn't take a vacation, and she's soon entangled in an investigation of a suspicious death tied to an antiquities smuggling ring.

When her investigation propels her into danger, Serena must stay the course and solve this case before anyone else dies. But just how is she supposed to do that when the two men in her life arrive on the scene, bringing with them plenty of romantic complications--and even a secret or two?

Award-winning author Sandra Orchard keeps readers guessing with this fast-paced mystery laced with romance.


My Review

Five Stars

Serena and her family are on vacation on Martha's Vineyard to celebrate the engagement of a family friend. When there's a suspicious death and then rumblings of an antiquities smuggling ring, Serena can't help but get involved. With the help of her two potential love interests, Nate and Tanner, and even Aunt Martha, they set out to solve this puzzling mystery.

There were quite a few unexpected twist, turns, and reveals. It had a great mystery that left me guessing until the end. The author did a fantastic job at pointing just enough plausible suspicion on characters that it left me wondering who the guilty party really was.

Over Maya Dead Body had a slightly different feel to it than the first two books in the series, probably because of the change in location, but that didn't hinder my enjoyment one bit. I loved every second of it and think it was the best one of the series. The fun family dynamics were still there and Aunt Martha was still being her lively and 'helpful' self. Many loose ends were tied up and, as promised, the love triangle was resolved. That's all I'll say about that because I don't want to spoil it.

The Serena Jones Mysteries have been such fun books and I'm sad to see it end. I'm certainly gonna miss all these fantastic characters, especially Aunt Martha. Over Maya Dead Body was a wonderful conclusion to a marvelous series. I'm looking forward to reading whatever Ms. Orchard comes up with next. I highly recommend this series!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my own honest opinion.


To learn more about Sandra Orchard, visit her website, Facebook, Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment