Friday, July 7, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56: Warfare (Life After #2) by Julie Hall

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Warfare (Life After #2) by Julie Hall



Book Beginning

My heart beat as if it was trying to build up speed and erupt from my chest. I thrust my sword up in a defensive stance as I checked my surroundings, keeping my breathing shallow and silent. On the off-chance my enemy hadn't already discovered my position, I didn't want to give it up.


Friday 56  (56% on my Kindle)

The doors in front of me looked innocent enough. I'd shoved through them a hundred times before without pause...but the uncertainty waiting on the other side kept me rooted in place.


About the Book

The battle is far from over.

When the lives of her loved ones are put in peril, who will Audrey turn to for help? On the surface, Audrey's existence in the afterlife is coming together. Her quirky new mentor guides her on the path to becoming the demon hunter she always hoped. She has great friends and even a kinda-sorta-maybe new boyfriend. But if things are so wonderful, why is Logan never far from her thoughts?

After learning that her family is the target of an unprecedented demonic siege Audrey puts all she’s gained in jeopardy by defying heavenly authorities and returning to Earth. Stranded at the place she once called home with the one person she's been desperate to forget, she'll face vicious monsters, betrayers, and a legion of demons with an insidious weapon that even her celestial sword can't defeat.

Will Audrey’s mistakes in the afterlife be what destroys the lives of the ones she loves the most?


What have you been reading lately? Leave a comment below and let me know.

16 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great weekend, too! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy! Probably not my kind of read, but it does sound intense and tempting. Here's mine: “THE BOOKSHOP ON THE CORNER”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if I'd like this series, but, so far, they're at the top of my favorites list. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Nice excerpts! Are you enjoying it so far?
    I've been reading the Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Have a great weekend :)

    Jo-Ann at Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it so far! Thanks for coming by! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like I need to read the first book. Mine this week is from Murder in Mayfair by D. M. Quincy - a historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is so fantastic! Thanks for visiting! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely book! Enjoy. I'm reading Difficult Women by Roxanne Gay this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh that cover looks a lot like one of the Hunger Game covers. That is always a turn-off for me. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book's nothing like The Hunger Games. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a series I should check out! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome series! Thanks for coming by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  8. Great beginning. I have a feeling what lies on the other side of that door in your teaser is a personla confrontation, not a physical one.

    My Friday 56 from Fifteen Inches Tall And Bullet Proof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really made me want to keep reading. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete