Monday, November 20, 2023

Review: Never Happen to You(True Crime Junkies #3) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
Crime is something that happens to strangers. Until it’s not.

As women continue to vanish in Alaska’s Far North, the Arctic Circle Murder Club meets again to combine their skills and search for the truth. Only the evidence isn’t adding up. The case of The Missing Women of Dalton Highway has gone cold, and every new possibility leaves them with frostbite.

Duke McAllister’s and Andi Slade’s personal investigations point them in new directions, and they’re left with more questions than ever. But there’s one thing they—and the rest of the true crime podcasters—know for sure: whoever is behind these disappearances will keep taking women until he’s caught.

Will the team find answers and expose the truth before this madman strikes again? Or will the secrets of the infamous Dalton Highway remain as isolated as the landscape surrounding them?

Available in Kindle Unlimited

MY THOUGHTS

The Arctic Circle Murder Club is back again in this third installment of the True Crime Junkies series. This is the best one yet! I was excited for the team to finally devote their time to trying to solve the mystery of the missing women of Dalton Highway. This case was personal for them. Duke's fiancée went missing on the highway a few years ago, and he's been looking for her ever since.

This story kept me on my toes! There were quite a few unexpected twists that I never saw coming. The villain was a truly disturbed individual who made my skin crawl. I probably should've guessed their identity. The clues were all there, but I was completely surprised by the reveal.

This is quickly becoming my favorite Christy Barritt series. If you're looking for an exciting mystery full of twists and turns, you'll love this series! I highly recommend it!

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed the fictional true crime stories I've been reading lately. Definitely need to check out this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about fictional true crime that's so captivating. I can't get enough of this series. :D

      Delete