Monday, November 6, 2023

Review: Just Don't Fall (Sweater Weather #1) by Emma St. Clair

About the Book
Before Logan Barnes was hockey’s hottest bad boy, he was my brother’s best friend … and my first crush. Oh, yeah--and the guy who ghosted me and broke my teenage heart.

Now Logan is back in Harvest Hollow, but not willingly. Recovering from an injury (and some bad press), he’s stuck playing for our minor league team.

Which means I’ll be working with him almost daily.

As the hockey team's social media manager, it’s my job to wrangle all the guys into filming TikTok trending videos. But Logan doesn’t want to be wrangled.

Turns out … neither does my heart.

Because my old crush never died.

And when Logan becomes my accidental fake boyfriend, those old feelings flare hot enough to melt the ice.

But this is all totally one-sided. Totally fake. Isn't it?

No matter what signals he seems to be giving me or how real things start to feel, I know Logan’s not home for good.

I survived Logan leaving me once. But this time, I’m not so sure my heart will recover …

Just Don't Fall is a small town, closed door hockey romcom with all the fake dating, brother's best friend vibes. You'll get smoking chemistry and characters to root for but NO spice. (Yes, you read that right--a low spice hockey romance.) Perfect for fans of sports romance who want a less heat.


MY THOUGHTS

This book had me laughing from the very first line. It was just the pick-me-up I needed. Hockey is my favorite sport, so I was excited for this clean, no-spice hockey romance. It was so good!

Parker and Logan had amazing chemistry! I liked that they had history. He used to be her older brother's best friend, and I really enjoyed watching them get to know each other again. And I loved that we got both Parker and Logan's POVs. It's always nice to get insight into what both characters are thinking during some of those pivotal moments.

While I thought the "fake" relationship was a lot of fun, I felt like it went on just a little too long. Towards the end of the book, I just wanted to shake them and tell them to hurry up and confess their real feelings. They were so good for each other. I will say, though, that, despite my impatience, the wait was worth it. Talk about swoony! 

I highly recommend this book to fans of sweet romantic comedies. It was a ton of fun. I loved the charming town of Harvest Hollow and all the cozy Fall vibes. I'm excited to visit again! 

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't this one fun? I totally loved it, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I just saw that Emma St. Clair and Jenny Proctor are writing a series together about the Appies! I'm so excited! :D

      Delete
  2. This one's interesting I am considering this book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

    xoxo, rae
    raellarina.com
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete