Thursday, November 9, 2023

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: The Revelation of Eden Pruitt (The Eden Pruitt Series #3) by K.E. Ganshert

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line FridayFriday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. Freda is taking a hiatus right now, but Anne over at My Head is Full of Books has taken over until Freda returns.

This week I'm featuring The Revelation of Eden Pruitt (The Eden Pruitt Series #3) by K.E. Ganshert.

About the Book
THE TRUTH COULD JEOPARDIZE EVERYTHING …

Eden Pruitt didn’t find the enemy. She stumbled upon the Resistance and unwittingly led the military to their doorstep. Because of her, they have been all but demolished. Most are dead. Several more have been imprisoned, along with Cassian Gray, the dangerous, tantalizing boy Eden loves.

As Cassian’s execution draws near, Eden must convince the Resistance to let her join them. They have the same mission, after all. Stop the Monarch before he carries out his evil plans. Step one of that mission—rescue the prisoners. Step two—destroy the Monarch’s army of super-human soldiers. But in convincing them to accept her, Eden's forced to hide who she really is. What she really is . . . one of the soldiers they’re bent on eradicating.

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
If he is the snake, Electus is his head. We are going to cut it off.

Friday 56
The world was silent. Not just quiet, but a complete absence of sound as Eden stood on an empty street corner, staring at herself in the reflection of a storefront window.

What have you been reading lately?

17 comments:

  1. Interesting quote as the book beginning. Somebody being the head of a snake is not very positive of a compliment, yes?

    Please hop over to my blog and sign up for Friday56. I'm subbing for Freda until she returns. Friday56 signup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for subbing for Freda for the time being! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the quotes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Breana! Hope you have a great one too! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Right? I was instantly pulled in. Hope you have a great weekend, Mark! :)

      Delete
  4. Both of those are very powerful excerpts. I can feel the character's resolve in the opening line. Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bold declaration for the opener, and some suspense in the 56 - intriguing! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday! 😀
    I'm currently reading Forged in Love by Mary Connealy. It's a good story so far!
    "How late do you work?" Mariah jerked as if he'd startled her.
    I hope you have a great weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been awhile since I've read a Mary Connealy story. Forged in Love sounds good! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  7. Great opening! I'd read it. Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Hope you have a good one too! :)

      Delete
    2. Lisa, I just tried to comment on your blog, but I wasn't able to. I don't know if the problem is on my end or not. The book your spotlighting sounds fascinating. I'd definitely keep reading. :)

      Delete
  8. That is a great opening line! :D

    ReplyDelete