Thursday, August 29, 2024

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: Vacation Friends by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. Friday 56 asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. It was started by Freda at Freda's Voice, but Anne over at My Head is Full of Books has taken over.

This week I'm featuring Vacation Friends by Christy Barritt. This is Christy Barritt at her finest. I'm loving this standalone thriller! 

About the Book
Explore the dark side of paradise, where sun-soaked beaches hide deadly secrets . . .

When Maddie Waters joins her fiancĂ©, Josh Harding, in Hawaii for his company’s luxurious weeklong corporate retreat, Josh wants her to help him secure the prestigious role of CEO for the high-tech firm. However, someone with a dark secret has other plans, and everything changes when a series of deaths and near-fatal “accidents” plague the event.

With a determined detective circling and her relationship with Josh unraveling, Maddie finds refuge in a new group of friends. She soon forms an uneasy alliance with the handsome and mysterious Brody, hoping he can help her uncover the truth.

As secrets are exposed, tension mounts and relationships crumble. Maddie finds herself nearly drowning in a riptide of lies and deception. She must unravel a complex conspiracy and confront her own past—or risk becoming the next victim.

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
You shouldn't have walked into a place you weren't supposed to be.

Friday 56
Today's excursion was a kayaking trip down the river, followed by a hike through the jungle, ending at a waterfall with a swimming holed beneath it.

What have you been reading lately?


8 comments:

  1. That event in the Friday 56 quote sounds wonderful to me. Sign me up. Of course, I suspect there's plenty of danger involved from the sounds of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign me up, too! Minus the murder, it sounds lovely, lol. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. Vacation Friends by Christy Barritt sounds like a gripping thriller filled with suspense and unexpected twists! The first line immediately hooks you with its sense of foreboding, and the excerpt from page 56 gives a glimpse of the seemingly idyllic setting that hides darker undertones. It’s intriguing how the story weaves together elements of paradise and danger, leaving readers eager to uncover the secrets lurking beneath the surface.

    I've been reading some engaging books myself recently—what a great way to discover new reads through Book Beginnings and First Line Friday!

    I'm excited to share my latest blog post with you! I’d love for you to give it a read and share your thoughts. Thank you https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/08/protected-by-grace-testimony-of-trust-and-gratitude.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It was an exciting thriller! Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the design of the cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so eye-catching, isn't it? Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a book with a lot of potential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I read a lot of Christy Barritt books and this is my one of my favorites by her. Hope you have a lovely week, Anne! :)

      Delete