Thursday, November 11, 2021

Review: One Night in Tehran (Titus Ray Thriller #1) by Luana Ehrlich

About the Book
CIA operative Titus Ray is searching for answers.
Meanwhile, an assassin is searching for him.
Learning the truth . . .
Veteran CIA officer Titus Ray--on the run from the Iranian secret police--finds shelter with a group of Iranian Christians in Tehran. While urging him to become a believer in Jesus Christ, they manage to smuggle Titus out of Iran to freedom in Turkey.

Dealing with the past . . .
Returning to the States, he discovers his Iranian mission failed because of political infighting within the Agency. After Titus delivers a scathing indictment against the Deputy Director of Operations, he's forced to take a year's medical leave in Oklahoma.

Facing the future . . .
Before leaving Langley, Titus learns he's been targeted by a Hezbollah assassin hired by the Iranians. Now, while trying to figure out what it means to be a follower of Christ, he must decide if the Iranian couple he meets in Norman, Oklahoma has ties to the man who's trying to kill him, and if Nikki Saxon, a local detective with an intriguing past, can be trusted with his secrets.

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting

MY THOUGHTS

What a fantastic thriller! I can't believe I haven't read it sooner. It's been languishing in my TBR pile for awhile and I'm kinda mad at myself for waiting this long to get around to it because it was SO GOOD! It hooked me with that very exciting beginning and didn't let me go. I was completely invested and glued to the pages.

Titus was very easy to like, so I enjoyed his first-person narration. He's a new Christian, so it was interesting to watch the beginnings of him trying to figure out how to balance his faith and his work in covert operations. I'm curious to see where this leads in future installments, which I'm super excited to dive into soon. If you're a fan of spy thrillers, I think you'll really enjoy this book. I highly recommend it.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. I love when a book that's been sitting on my TBR pile for forever ends up being this good. :)

    ReplyDelete