Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday: Saving Mrs. Roosevelt (Heroines of WWII) by Candice Sue Patterson

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Saving Mrs. Roosevelt (Heroines of WWII) by Candice Sue Patterson releasing December 1.

About the Book
The Safety of the First Lady Rests in Shirley’s Hands

Shirley Davenport is as much a patriot as her four brothers. She, too, wants to aid her country in the war efforts, but opportunities for women are limited. When her best friend Joan informs her that the Coast Guard has opened a new branch for single women, they both enlist in the SPARs, ready to help protect the home front.

Training is rigorous, and Shirley is disappointed that she and Joan are sent to separate training camps. At the end of basic training, Captain Webber commends her efforts and commissions her home to Maine under the ruse of a dishonorable discharge to help uncover a plot against the First Lady.

Shirley soon discovers nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust? Why do the people she loves want to harm the First Lady? With the help of Captain Webber, it’s a race against time to save Mrs. Roosevelt and remain alive.


What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

8 comments:

  1. I am currently reading A Picture of Hope by Liz Tolsma, it's also part of the Heroines of WWII series. I am not sure if I will read more or not, this one has some scenes that as a sensitive reader were hard. Although, this one doesn't sound like it will be very "gory."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm a big fan of WWII fiction, so I was really excited when I heard about this series. I have the first two books but just haven't been able to get around to reading them yet. I'll keep in mind your concerns with A Picture of Hope. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for featuring the book! It was so fun to write. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm super excited to check it out! :D

      Delete