Friday, June 15, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy Book 1) by Lindsay A. Franklin

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy Book 1) by Lindsay A. Franklin.

About the Book
Selling stories is a deadly business

Tanwen doesn’t just tell stories—she weaves them into crystallized sculptures that sell for more than a few bits. But the only way to escape the control of her cruel mentor and claw her way from poverty is to set her sights on something grander: becoming Royal Storyteller to the king.

During her final story peddling tour, a tale of treason spills from her hands, threatening the king himself. Tanwen goes from peddler to prey as the king’s guard hunts her down . . . and they’re not known for their mercy. As Tanwen flees for her life, she unearths long-buried secrets and discovers she’s not the only outlaw in the empire. There’s a rebel group of weavers . . . and they’re after her too.


Book Beginning
Colored ribbons of light poured from my fingers. One strand broke free and soared above the crowds head, glowing golden in the afternoon sun.

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)
I opened my eyes. A clear glass heart hovered in the air between me and Mor. Painted wings fluttered inside the hollow heart.

What have you been reading lately?

20 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one since it's literally a story about a storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the things that initially drew me to this story. Thanks for coming by, Breana! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Wings on a heart?!! I'm intrigued, definitely!

    Here's mine for today! http://bit.ly/2Mu0I6g

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Hope you get lots of reading in,

    Luv Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magic system in this book is so fascinating! Thanks for stopping by, Sassy! Hope you have a lovely weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful cover! Thanks for coming by, Laurel-Rain! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an interesting fantasy. This week I have Girl With a Gun by Kari Bovee - a historical mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very interesting! Thanks for visiting, Kathy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's great, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds fantastic! I love the cover, the synopsis and the quote, added to my TBR :) Here's mine: https://myendlessshelf.weebly.com/home/the-friday-56-noah-cant-even-by-simon-james-green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's really great, one of my favorites of the year, so far. Thanks for visiting! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Love that first line! It really draws you in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does! Thanks for coming by, Lark! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. I really like this one. I think of a Fairy Tale. Will price the title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun and unique read. Thanks for stopping by, Tea! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a fun premise, and the cover is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great and this is one of my favorite covers this year! Thanks for coming by, Nicki! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  10. This looks and sounds awesome - I'm going to have to add it to my tbr. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really awesome story! Hope you get a chance to read it! Thanks for visiting, Lauren! Happy reading! :)

      Delete