Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: Lethal Licorice (An Amish Candy Shop Mystery) by Amanda Flower

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Lethal Licorice (An Amish Candy Shop Mystery) by Amanda Flower releasing February 27, 2018.

About the Book
Too many sweets spoil the murder . . . 
Harvest, Ohio, is a long way from New York City, where Bailey King left a coveted job as a head chocolatier to take over Swissmen Sweets, her Amish grandparents’ candy shop. Now, while caring for her recently widowed grandmother, she plans to honor her grandfather’s memory by entering the annual Amish Confectionery Competition. But between lavender blueberry fudge and chocolate cherry ganache truffles, Bailey may have bitten off more than she can chew when the search for a missing pot-bellied pig turns up a body suffering from sugar overload—the fatal kind . . .

A candy maker from a neighboring town who wanted Englischer Bailey disqualified for being an outsider, Josephine Weaver died from an allergy to an essential licorice ingredient. The suspects include: Josephine’s niece, a young woman going through her rumspringa, or running around time, and Bailey herself. Now it falls to Bailey, who’s sweet on the local sheriff’s deputy, to clear their names and entice a killer with a cast-iron stomach for cold-blooded murder . . .

Why I Need It
So I haven't actually read the first book in this series yet. It's sitting in my TBR pile, screaming at me to read it. I just haven't had the time. But that's not stopping me from wanting the sequel. These books sound so good! I'm hoping I'll be able to read them soon.

What book are you eagerly anticipating?

14 comments:

  1. Oh this looks fun. I haven't read a cozy in ages. Nice cover too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover! Thanks for coming by, Greg! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it has an interesting window into the culture as well as being a good mystery. I might have to check it out. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound interesting! Thanks for visiting, Laura! :)

      Delete
  3. A murder mystery with sweets! Sounds great to me. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL the title...I love it. I want to get it just for that. I hope you get a chance to read it!

    Mary Can’t Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The title is awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Mary! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm not sure I've ever seen Licorice in a book title. However, I've heard good things about this author's books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about her books too. Excited to try this series. Thanks for coming by, Kay! :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun cozy series and I have to admit, I love the pig! I'm definitely curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pig is so cute! Thanks for visiting, Barb! :)

      Delete