Friday, February 23, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Love in Three Quarter Time by Rachel McMillan

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Love in Three Quarter Time by Rachel McMillan. I just finished this awesome novella a couple days ago and absolutely adored it!  It was a wonderful little trip to Vienna. SO good!


Book Beginning

If Evelyn Watt's life were projected on a movie screen, it might look like the strand of Laura Linney's story in Love, Actually. Not that she was far from home or responsible for an ill relative, rather, every time Rudy Moser walked by her cubicle, she touched up her lip gloss and melted into a puddle of idiot.

Friday 56

Before she knew it, the train slowed into the station. A barrage of unfamiliar language and then German, which she was slowly deciphering, followed by English exit instruction.

About the Book

A romantic waltz through a city filled with music, passion and coffee.

Evelyn Watt fell in love with Austrian marketing director Rudy Moser the moment he stepped into their Boston firm. With his ice blue eyes and chocolate-melting accent, he is as refined as she imagines his home country to be. When Evelyn finds herself unexpectedly unemployed right before Christmas, she is left with an unknown future until Rudy steps in with a job appraising, assessing and cataloging heirlooms, lending her American vernacular to the translated descriptions to give each item international appeal. Evelyn will live in Vienna for the months leading up to a grand auction at a party held in conjunction with the Opera Ball—on Valentine’s Day.

Vienna is a magical blend of waltzing, antiques, and bottomless cups of Einspanner coffee at the Café Mozart. When a secret from Rudy's family's past blows in with the winter chill, Evelyn is forced to confront how well she knows the object of her affection. Her café tablemate, the gruff and enigmatic Klaus Bauner might be the only person who holds the key to Rudy’s past. But could that key also unlock her future? In the days leading up to the Opera Ball, Evelyn finds herself in the middle of the greatest romance of her life…as long as she doesn’t trip over her two left feet.

What have you been reading lately?

18 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this book before but I love the sound of it! That beginning definitely grabbed me and the blurb pulled me in. I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic romance! Thanks for visiting, Katherine! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds good. I loved "melted into a puddle of idiot." We've all done that. This week I am spotlighting Close to the Edge by Dawn Ryder. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was gonna love this story after that line, lol! Thanks for stopping by, Kathy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Unusual she quotes' Love, Actually'. New to me book, but sounds awesome. :) Yes, I too love the - puddle of idiot!!! Been there. Done that! lol

    Here's mine: http://bit.ly/2CgXiSz

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Definitely been there, done that! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. This one sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “ALTERNATE SIDE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for stopping by, Laurel-Rain! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Goodness, Vienna has charmed me a long time ago when I was in my teens and madly in love with Napoleon's son, the Duke of Reichstadt. It didn't bother me that he'd been dead for two centuries, I called Schönbrunn my 'happy place' because he'd lived there and I fancied I felt his presence among the walls. The romantic notions of a girl, haha... Anyway, I'd love to read something set there. This novella seems nice, I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to visit Vienna someday. It seems like such a wonderful place. Thanks for visiting, Veronika! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh! What a beautiful cover and I can relate to the main character going to a foreign country! I hope you enjoy this book!

    Here’s my Friday 56!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great! Thanks for stopping by, Ronyell! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Love the cover and snippets! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so pretty! Thanks for coming by, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. I am glad to hear you enjoyed this one! It sounds really good. I love the setting! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the right book at the right time for me. SO good! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, too! :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for visiting, Lauren! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete