Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Heart of the Curiosity by H.L. Burke

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Heart of the Curiosity by H.L. Burke releasing June 27.

About the Book
The secret lies with the Heart.

Born with a magical knack for manipulating emotions, Leodora’s only dream is to ensure her talented little sister dances on the biggest, brightest stage in the Republic: The Curiosity, a grand old theater of tradition and innovation. After escaping a cruel carnival, Leo secures her sister a place in the Curiosity’s chorus line, and herself a job as a professional audience member, swaying the crowd’s mood with her magic. The girls have a home for the first time in their lives.

Then a tragic accident darkens the theater. A greedy businessman begins blackmailing Leo, and financial woes threaten to close the show forever. The Curiosity’s sole hope lies in a mythical power source hidden beneath the maze-like passages and trapdoors of the theater—the Heart. And Leo’s only friend Paxton, nephew of the theater’s stagemistress, is the key to finding it.

While Leo and Paxton hunt for the Heart, the blackmailer’s threats loom larger. Mysterious figures, cryptic clues, and deadly traps hinder the search at every turn. If the friends cannot recover the Heart in time, Leo and her sister will be cast out of the only home they’ve ever known, and the final curtain will fall on The Curiosity.

Enter a world reminiscent of The Greatest Showman, with a puzzle worthy of Sherlock Holmes and National Treasure, in this new Steampunk Fantasy from H. L. Burke.

Why I Need It
First of all, how gorgeous is that cover? I could just keep staring at it! So pretty! I'm a big fan of steampunk, so I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting books in that genre. This one sounds so good! And with a synopsis that concludes by saying, "a puzzle worthy of Sherlock Holmes and National Treasure", how can I resist?

What upcoming release are you excited about?

6 comments:

  1. I agree that cover IS gorgeous! I am also quite partial to Steampunk and haven't read any for ages! I must change that....


    Happy Hump Day, Ashley! Here is my hump day post! Hope you can pop by, thank you! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love steampunk, but never feel like I read enough of it. Hoping to change that soon. Thanks for coming by, Sassy! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I love the cover to that book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! So pretty! Thanks for stopping by, Ronyell! :)

      Delete
  3. I've never seen this before but what a stunning cover! I think I might just have to add it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have long to wait for it which is so nice! It releases tomorrow and I'm so excited! Thanks for visiting, Barb! :)

      Delete