Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Murky Waters: A Mermaid Cozy Mystery by Diane Vallere

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Murky Waters: A Mermaid Cozy Mystery by Diane Vallere releasing June 23.

About the Book
Bad boys can catch you, hook, line, and sinker . . .

Kyra had always been the baby. Third mermaid daughter of three, she had been overprotected since birth. More interested in boys and makeup than adventures like sister Zoe or inheriting command of Sirenia like Ava, she studies underwater dance at the academy and spends her spare time flirting with mermen. But when she catches a member of Poseidon’s security team dismantling the safe that protects the mermaid treasures, she fears the worst. The problem? Thanks to her practiced naiveite, nobody takes her warning seriously.

What happens when a sweet mermaid suspects corruption in the ranks?

If you’re that mermaid, you might have to grow up fast.

Kyra embarks on a double life: Lolita by day, Mata Hari by night. Navigating cloudy waters tainted by the ink of squid intended to hide the merman’s trail, she leaves the safety of Sirenia and follows his path . . . until that path leads to his dead body. With an unknown killer inside Sirenia, Kyra knows no one is safe. Lacking the drive and bravery of her two older sisters, she uses her purity to discover the truth, but what happens when her childlike charm hooks a dangerous killer? Hidden reserves of courage could save her life . . . or leave her dangling on the line.

Why I Need It
I recently finished the first book in this series and LOVED it! It was so fun, quirky, and unique. It was fascinating learning about the underwater community of mermaids and I'm so excited I don't have long to wait for this sequel!

What upcoming release are you excited about?

8 comments:

  1. Oooh! Such a beautiful cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the covers for this series. Thanks for stopping by, Ronyell! :)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant, another book for my mermaid board on Pinterest! :) Love that cover. Good choice :)

    Happy Hump Day! Here is my hump day post! Hope you can pop by, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for this one! Great pick on your page! I should probably read a Stephen King novel one of these days and that upcoming one sounds really interesting! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! :)

      Delete
  3. So I can honestly say I don't think I've ever read a mermaid cozy. Might have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't read one either. It's such a unique concept! Thanks for the visit, Barb! :)

      Delete
  4. I love a great mermaid story! This one sounds like it is going to be a good one. I hope that you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mermaid stories are so much fun! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete