Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Review: Wander Canyon Courtship (Matrimony Valley) by Allie Pleiter


About the Book

They can’t let this wedding happen
But Matrimony Valley
has only happy endings

Baker Yvonne Niles has nothing in common with cowboy Chaz Walker—except the upcoming marriage of her aunt to his stepdad. Convinced the two aren’t right for each other, Chaz and Yvonne are determined to halt the wedding. But between the cake and family drama, they’re discovering an undeniable attraction. Can an unlikely match ever become a recipe for happiness?


My Thoughts

I always look forward to a new Allie Pleiter book with great anticipation. I zoom through the pages becoming completely absorbed in the story and leave with a feeling of profound happiness when I reach the conclusion. Wander Canyon Courtship is no different.

We're back in the wedding-themed small town of Matrimony Valley in this third installment of the series. No worries though if you haven't read the previous two books. This stands alone perfectly fine.

I didn't know what to think of Chaz, at first. He came across a bit gruff, a curmudgeon, you might say. But once I got to know him, once I saw the multiple layers he was hiding, I could understand where he was coming from and why he acted the way he did. And I ended up firmly on his side.

Yvonne is kinda his opposite in demeanor, but, really, they're perfect for each other. While they get off on the wrong foot to begin with, and definitely have their ups and downs, they do share something big in common; their belief that his stepdad and her aunt shouldn't be getting married so quickly. What follows is a sweet and romantic story full of hurts and triumphs. A story that any fan of contemporary romance is sure to love.

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. A place called Matrimony Valley would have to have only happy endings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? That's a must! Thanks for the visit, Lark! :)

      Delete