Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Finding Lady Enderly by Joanna Davidson Politano

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Finding Lady Enderly by Joanna Davidson Politano releasing August 20.

About the Book
Raina Bretton is a rag woman in London's east end when a handsome stranger appears in a dank alley and offers her a glittering smile and a chance for adventure. Rothburne Abbey has a unique position for her, one that will take her away from her hardscrabble life and give her a chance to be a lady. Things she could only dream of might be coming true. But some dreams turn out to be nightmares.

Though Raina has traded squalor for silk and satin, something about the abbey is deeply unsettling. As she wrestles with her true identity, the ruin, decay, and secrets she finds at the heart of the old mansion tear at her confidence and threaten to reveal her for who she really is. Only one man stands between her and the danger that lurks within--and only if he decides to keep her biggest secret hidden.
 

Why I Need It
I'm so intrigued by the premise. And I love the cover. It's got a mysterious and haunting vibe that has me so ready to dive into the pages.

What upcoming release are you excited about?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, I love the cover to this book, it really goes well with the theme and that blurb about her secret is brilliant!

    Here is my Wednesday WOW post! Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's so good! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! Thanks for the visit, Ronyell! :)

      Delete
  3. I do love a book with a good Gothic atmosphere. And this one sounds like it might just have that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Her first book had that feel to it, so I'm hoping this one does too. Thanks for stopping by, Lark! :)

      Delete
  4. I've seen this cover art, but haven't really stopped to read the synopsis. It does sound really intriguing. Hope you enjoy, Ashley!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rissi! And thanks for the visit, too! :)

      Delete