Thursday, June 20, 2019

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Between Frames (The City Between #4) by W.R. Gingell

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.


About the Book
Two fae is company, but a company of fae is trouble.

Which is exactly what we’ve got. Trouble, I mean. Well, and fae. Lots of fae.

Something or someone is stalking and killing high-level fae around Hobart—tearing out hearts and leaving a trail of bloody bodies behind. Fae don’t like it when they’re the ones getting killed, so of course they came to hire my owners.

Owners, you ask?

Hi. I’m Pet. No, that’s not my name. I am a pet.

My owners? They’re fae. Well, two fae and one stroppy vampire.

Welcome to the world Between.

Book Beginning
It's always during dinner that stuff happens. More specifically, it's always the dinners that JinYeong picks.

Friday 56
"Don't irritate Athelas," Zero said.
"I'm not irritating him, I'm hugging him," I protested, but I let him go.

What have you been reading lately?

12 comments:

  1. Love that Friday 56 Line lol Great cover! Very intriguing in itself.

    Here's my Friday post Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to laugh at that line! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the quote about stuff happening when it is supper time. My quotes from Behold the Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too. It seems like stuff happening at dinner is always the case, LOL. Thanks for the visit, Anne! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting. This book is new to me. This week I am featuring Call It What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole series is so much fun! Thanks for stopping by, Kathy! :)

      Delete
  4. Laughed out loud at the 56 line as well. I like the tone. It's kind of sassy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pet is the queen of sass! She's constantly making me laugh. Thanks for visiting, Roberta! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm curious for more. I laughed when I read that 56. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too! So funny! Thanks for coming by, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. The blurb is amusing. Sounds like a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun and is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite series. Thanks for stopping by, Nicki! :)

      Delete