Thursday, March 28, 2024

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. Freda is taking a hiatus right now, but Anne over at My Head is Full of Books has taken over in the meantime.

This week I'm featuring The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. Can you believe this was my first time reading this book? I absolutely loved it! Wish I had read it sooner.


Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. 

Friday 56
And now of course you want to know what had happened to Edmund.

What have you been reading lately?

12 comments:

  1. I loved this as a kid. I'm glad you have the chance to enjoy it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. I've never read the Narnia books as a kid and was worried maybe I'd aged out of it, if that makes sense? But I did enjoy the films so maybe I'll get these for Christmas and cuddle down with them once it snows! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes perfect sense, Juli. I was worried about that too, but I ended up loving it. Hope you have a lovely weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to read this one! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: BOOKISH FRIDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It exceeded all of my expectations. I loved it. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. It is one of those books I wish I could read again for the first time. Glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's quite a few books that I wish I could read again for the first time. Hope you have a wonderful week, Anne! :)

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you liked this one! I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and the rest of the series when I was in middle school. I re-read one of the books with my daughter a few years ago and it didn't hold quite the same magic for me, unfortunately. But then it wasn't one of the strongest books in the series. I think I might still enjoy this one though if I did reread it. It's such a great story! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's sad how some books lose their magic as we age. I recently reread one of my childhood favorites and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. But I'm glad I have fun memories of it. Hope you have a lovely week! :)

      Delete
  6. At least you've read it now! This was one of my favorite books growing up. I loved Lucy and Aslan. And Narnia is such a magical and enchanting world. I didn't love the books without Lucy in them quite as much as the ones with her, but they're all still good. :D Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter, Lark! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series soon. I was pretty sure I was gonna like this one, but I was surprised by just how much I loved it. It's such an charming book. Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete