Monday, February 12, 2024

Review: Fatal Witness (Pearl River #2) by Patricia Bradley

About the Book
As a child, artist and potter Dani Bennett witnessed the brutal murder of her parents. With no memory of the incident or her true identity, she was forced to take on a new name and a new life, hidden away in Montana for the past 25 years.

Mae Richmond has spent the same stretch of time searching for her granddaughter, who went missing the night her daughter and son-in-law were murdered. Convinced the woman she saw in a pottery magazine feature is the woman she's been searching for, she enlists the help of K-9 officer Mark Lassiter of Pearl Springs, Tennessee, who tracks Dani down.

Skeptical but curious, Dani sets out on a journey to uncover the secrets of her past and reclaim her true identity. But someone close to her is determined to keep the truth of what happened all those years ago hidden.


MY THOUGHTS

What a thrilling romantic suspense! The first chapter was absolutely gripping, and I was hooked until the very last word. I enjoyed the first book, but I loved this one even more. This is romantic suspense at its finest! The danger and suspense kept ramping up, and I couldn’t read it fast enough. The mystery was compelling and kept me guessing. I had my suspicions, but there were plenty of viable suspects, which had me changing my guess numerous times.

I loved the characters. (Well, most of them.) Dani and Mark were easy to like and root for. And I loved their dogs. They were awesome! My favorite character, though, had to be Mae. What a strong, resilient, stalwart, and fun lady she was! I admired how determined she was to find her granddaughter. Despite the fact that she had been missing for 25 years, Mae never gave up.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys unputdownable romantic suspense. I’m very eager to visit Pearl River again in the next book! And even though this is book two in the series, it can easily be read as a standalone.

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

6 comments:

  1. Excellent.. great that you liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy just read and reviewed the first book in this series and gave it 5 stars. This author must really know how to write good romantic suspense! Putting her on my list. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few of this author's books and loved them all. After I finished this one, I wanted to immediately go read all the ones that I haven't gotten around to yet. :D

      Delete
  3. I just finished this one too, I LOVED it. Such a fantastic series!!

    ReplyDelete