Thursday, February 15, 2024

Review: Rocky Road (Sons of Scandal #2) by Becky Wade

About the Book
Christy Award Hall of Fame Author

FBI Agent Jude Camden handles every aspect of his job with by-the-book professionalism. There's no reason why his latest assignment—which calls for him to pose as the boyfriend of perfumer Gemma Clare—should be any different.

Except Gemma is different. She's creative, bold, and feisty. And as soon as she meets Jude, she wants to loosen him up, wrinkle his perfect shirts, and test every ounce of his towering self-control.

The FBI has an iron-clad rule against romances between those working together on operations. Jude's never met a rule he didn't respect. But adhering to this one is going to be tough because, as time goes by, he finds Gemma more and more irresistible.

Buckle up! It's going to be a rocky road.

Escape to Maine for this swoon-worthy "fake romance"! Banter, humor, perfume, and a mystery from the past intertwine in this sweet Sons of Scandal love story.


MY THOUGHTS

What a great fake dating romance! This was one of my most anticipated releases of the year. I adored the first book, and this sequel did not disappoint. It features wonderful characters, strong family dynamics, lots of laughs, some serious moments, suspense, mystery, and so much more! I enjoyed it so much!

I loved Jude. He’s a serious, no-nonsense, rule-following kind of guy who has a heart of gold. He’s the grumpy to Gemma’s sunshine. Their first meeting was a hilarious misunderstanding that had me literally laughing out loud. I liked Gemma instantly. She had a joyfulness about her that was contagious. Even when things were tough, she kept a level head, which I admired. I really enjoyed getting to know her family. I especially loved, and was completely invested in, the mystery surrounding her great-grandmother.

I had such a great time reading this book and am very much looking forward to the next in the series. This could technically be read as a stand-alone, but I’d still recommend starting with book one.

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. Fake dating, grumpy vs. sunshine, and a Maine setting...so much to like about this one already. Another one for my list! :D

    ReplyDelete