Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Can't Wait Wednesday: A Lady's Guide to Marvels and Misadventure by Angela Bell

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring A Lady's Guide to Marvels and Misadventure by Angela Bell releasing February 27.

About the Book
Miss Clara Marie Stanton's family may be eccentric, but they certainly aren't insane.

London, England, 1860
When Clara's ex-fiancé begins to spread rumors that her family suffers from hereditary insanity, it's all she can do to protect them from his desperate schemes, society's prejudice, and a lifetime in an asylum. Then Clara's Grandfather Drosselmeyer brings on an apprentice with a mechanical leg, and all pretense of normalcy takes wing.

Theodore Kingsley, a shame-chased vagabond haunted by the war, wants a fresh start far from Kingsley Court and the disappointed father who declared him dead. Upon returning to England, Theodore meets clockmaker Drosselmeyer, who hires him as an apprentice, much to Clara's dismay. When Drosselmeyer spontaneously disappears in his secret flying owl machine, he leaves behind a note for Clara, beseeching her to make her dreams of adventure a reality by joining him on a merry scavenger hunt across Europe. Together, Clara and Theodore set off to follow Drosselmeyer's trail of clues, but they will have to stay one step ahead of a villain who wants the flying machine for himself--at any cost.

What upcoming release are you eagerly awaiting?

10 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one and it looks right up my alley! I added it to my goodreads TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great but I think I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this Clara from The Nutcracker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. I don't know, but that could be interesting!

      Delete
  4. I really want to read this one too. It has such a great title and sounds like it will be a fun read. I hope you enjoy it when you read it, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good but it's a romance? I don't much like romance but I like mystery and it seems adventurous. I will have to read a sample to decide if I want to read this. I do like the idea of flying machines. I hope you'll get to read this and enjoy it.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lissa. It sounds interesting, so I have high hopes for it. Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

      Delete