Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Review: Trapped in Yosemite by Dana Mentink

About the Book
When a massive earthquake levels the region, secrets and unknown dangers are exposed…

The ground in still-icy Yosemite National Park isn’t stable, and K-9 handler Von Sharpe fears the worst. But his worries are pushed aside when he sees an SUV viciously forced off the road…with his ex-fiancĂ©e at the wheel. It’s only when Stella Rivers steps out of the vehicle that the very ground under their feet cracks and breaks with the onslaught of a terrifying earthquake.
 
When her meeting with a mysterious client is ambushed, Stella witnesses the man being gunned down by a sniper and becomes a target herself. With the threat of aftershocks triggering landslides and floods, the new mom has no choice but to run to save her baby girl—even if it means teaming up with the man who has no idea he fathered her child.

Trapped in a dangerously unstable wilderness with a killer closing in, Von and Stella are running out of time to get to safety. And every fissure reveals a new secret that will shake them to their foundation…


MY THOUGHTS

What an exciting and action-packed story! I was hooked right at the beginning and couldn’t read fast enough. Danger was coming from every direction. It seemed like anything that could go wrong did go wrong. Whether it was a massive earthquake, powerful aftershocks, freezing temperatures, a snowstorm, or a murderer, there was never a dull moment. My anxiety was high and just kept climbing.

I liked Stella and Von. They were realistically flawed, and while they had a lot to overcome regarding their past relationship, I was rooting for them to work things out. It was obvious that they still cared for each other. I thought Bear was awesome, and I really enjoyed seeing the bond between him and Von. I hope this is the beginning of a series because there are a couple of characters I’d love to read more about.

I really enjoyed the vivid descriptions of Yosemite. I’ve never had a chance to visit, but now it feels like I have. I love when an author can transport me to a setting like that.

This was a thrill ride from start to finish, and I enjoyed every second. If you’re a fan of action-packed romantic suspense, you’ll love this book. I highly recommend it!

I received a copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous review, Ashley! This one is on my radar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! It's was really good! It was an exciting read. It's so jam-packed full of action and suspense. :)

      Delete